Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about African Safari Wildlife Park? Find answer to the most commonly asked questions here. If you don't see the answer to your question, please call us at 800-521-2660 or email us.
African Safari Wildlife Park is Open Daily, rain or shine:
- SPRING/FALL SCHEDULE: March 1 to May 23 & September 3 to December 1 Open 10AM to 5PM, last car admitted at 4PM.
- SUMMER SCHEDULE: May 24 to September 2 Open 9AM to 7PM, last car admitted at 6PM.
- PRE-SEASON & EXTENDED WEEKENDS: May 11-12, 18-19, 24 & September 7-8, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29. Open 9AM to 6PM, last car admitted at 5PM (SUMMER SCHEDULE RATES APPLY ON THESE DATES, see below)
NOTE: Dates, hours, shows, exhibits & rates subject to change without advance
Only minutes west of Cedar Point via Route 6 west to Route 2 west, exit 124 St. Route 53N. Catawba Island.
- FROM DETROIT, take I-75 South, to I-280 East, to Route 2 East, exit 124 St. Route 53 North; or Ohio Turnpike exit 91 to 53 N, St. Route 2 east, exit 124 St. Route 53 N…....
- FROM CLEVELAND, take Route 2 west to exit 124 St. Route 53 N Catawba Island exit or Ohio Turnpike west to exit 110, take Route 4 N to Route 2 west to exit 124 St. Route 53 N…....
- FROM TOLEDO, take Route 2 east to exit 124 St. Route 53 N Catawba Island exit or Ohio Turnpike to exit 91 to exit 124 St. Route 53 N…....
- FROM COLUMBUS, take 23 N to St. Route 4 N to St. Route 2 west to exit 124 St. Route 53 N…....
- FROM EXIT 53 N, turn right at the first light (State Road), travel 1/2 mile to S Lightner Road and make a left
Our pay-one-price admission is:
SUMMER and PRE-SEASON EXTENDED:
- $21.95 per ADULT 7yr+
- $12.95 per CHILD 4-6yr
- FREE CHILD 3 & under
- $15.95 per ADULT 7yr+
- $9.95 per CHILD 4-6yr
- FREE CHILD 3 & under
Admission includes unlimited drive-thru and walk-thru access, animal rides (restrictions apply), pig races, animal shows, and one free cup of animal food (limit one per car per visit). Senior Citizen (55 yr+, I.D. required) & Military discount: $3.00 off ADULT ADMISSION (not valid with any other offer or discount; subject to change without notice). Parking is free.
Yes! Visit African Safari Wildlife Park as many times as you like during the season with our affordable Annual Pass! You also get FREE or DISCOUNTED Admission to over 150 Zoos and Aquariums, saving you Hundreds of Dollars! Rates:
- ADULT PLUS ONE: $49.95 -2 admissions (any age) limit one per household
- FAMILY PASS PLUS: $84.95 - 4 admissions (any age)
Additional admissions only $10.00 per person (of any age) added to a Family Pass only. Stop by our Gift Shop or call 1-800-521-2660 today!
Group rates are available for all organized groups; busses are welcome. Our Safari Guides are available to accompany groups as they tour the park (reservations required). We also offer special rates for tours, and commissions are available for travel, bus or group agents. Call for more info 800-521-2660.
There’s lots to do and see at African Safari Wildlife Park! Browse the wide assortment of gifts and novelty items in our Gift Shop. Enjoy a great selection of menu favorites from burgers and hot dogs to ice cream and popcorn at Mombasa Café & Grill. Stroll Safari Junction walk-thru, where visitors enjoy animal rides (restrictions apply), our famous daily Pork Chop Downs pig races, and “Laugh with the Animals”, our daily educational animal shows (see posted signs for schedule), and the kids will love Jungle Junction Playground!
With all there is to do and see, many visitors tell us they enjoy making a day of it! While you’re here, tour the drive-thru as many times as you like and feed the animals from the comfort of your own vehicle*. Some of our animals are more active during different times of the day, so on your second (or third) trip through you may catch a glimpse of an animal you didn’t see the first time, watch feedings or keeper interactions with the animals, and maybe even witness the miracle of life as baby animals are born daily! Don’t miss the great photo opportunities! There’s always something new at African Safari Wildlife Park!
*For the health and well being of our animals, only the food we provide is permitted. Feeding the animals is at your own risk and you accept the risk of injury or vehicle damage by purchasing a ticket.
The animals aren't the only ones who enjoy the food at African Safari Wildlife Park! Mombasa Café & Grill features a wide variety of top quality menu items including hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, cold drinks, hand dipped ice cream and more. Many exhibits are viewable from our outdoor deck seating, so you won’t miss any of the fun while you enjoy your meal. There are picnic tables located throughout Safari Junction (sorry, no personal grills).
Yes! Here is a list of a few in the area:
|Our Guest Inn & Suites||419-734-7111|
|Comfort Inn||1-800-221-2222 (419-625-4700)|
|Great Wolf Resort||800-641-WOLF (9653)|
|Holiday Inn Express||1-800-HOLIDAY (419-732-7322)|
|Kalahari Resort||877-Kalahari (877-525-2427)|
For more information and exact locations contact the Ohio Office of Travel & Tourism at 1-800-BUCKEYE, or the Ottawa Visitors Bureau at 419-734-4386. For coupon savings, visit www.portclintonhotels.com.
No outside animal food is permitted. Our animals are on a special diet and for their health and safety we cannot allow you to bring in food.